Christmas Apple TreeNov 21, 2021
The girls and I have been testing quick and easy recipes for healthy snacks for the Christmas season and found another one that you'll love.
There's hardly any dishes to wash, little to no mess, and your kids get to play with their food...which also happens to be healthy.
We named this snack The Christmas Apple Tree. It was inspired by a Pinterest image called "Christmas Fruit Tree" which didn't point to any blog but it doesn't take a genius to make this crazy simple recipe.
Here's what you'll need:
Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Green Apple, sliced into wedges
- 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Large Pretzel Stick
- Grapes, any color, we used red and green
- Small Cookie Cutter, for tree topper like an angel or star
- Place the pretzel stick in the middle of a plate.
- Arrange the apple slices along each side of the pretzel with the green skin facing the bottom of the plate so it makes a curl upward. Start with the first set of slices touching each other just above the top of the pretzel.
- Safely use the cookie cutter to press through the slice of cheese. Carefully remove it from the cutter so it doesn't tear. Place it above the pretzel.
- Slice the grapes in half (cut them in quarters if you have toddlers to avoid choking hazard). Place the grape pieces on the apple slices like ornaments on a tree.
This was such as easy snack to make that I have no idea why I never thought of this before. I'm so thankful for the Pinterest queens out there who put all the thought and effort so moms like me can enjoy time in the kitchen with our kids without slaving around in prep and clean up. 💕
I give this 5 stars!
And if your kids are still in the caramel apple mood from Fall Festivals, give them a little dash of caramel sauce for dipping with the green apples. 😉
Post a picture and tag @unveilingheirs with your family creating or enjoying the Christmas Apple Tree!