Simple Hot Cocoa RecipeNov 23, 2021
In our home, during the holidays, it has become a tradition to have a hot cocoa station that is always stocked. When friends and family come over, our children LOVE to offer hot cocoa to everyone.
I see their confidence rise because, in their eyes, they are serving their guests. Our children get to own this task and share their talents with the people they love around them. As our son asks, “would you like marshmallows, chocolate chips, or a candy cane with your cocoa?” my mama heart grows a little bit each time.
It is more the chocolate powder and water in our home.
It is teaching our kids to serve others when they come to our home and making them feel welcome. It is teaching them to speak up and ask questions and listen to others' answers. And the result is a yummy peppermint hot cocoa treat … I am all in for that!
Special shout out to One Sweet Appetite for the Best Hot Chocolate Recipe with only 4 simple ingredients.
Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 8 Servings
Here is what you will need:
- 2 Cups Dry Milk - if you do not want to use dry milk then use milk (not water )when making the hot cocoa. Adding dry milk allows you to choose from water or milk.
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon (I add a little bit of nutmeg too, but that is optional)
- Any toppings you want to add.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa, powdered sugar, and cinnamon to a shifter.
- Shift and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a container (I suggest a mason jar) until ready to use.
- Combine equal parts mix to hot water when ready to use.
Take a picture and tag @unveilingheirs with you and your family staying warm with your hot cocoa!
With love, Candice
Unveiling Heirs Team