Parenting is one of life’s highest and sometimes most challenging callings. In today’s world of experts and talking heads, advice on raising children is plentiful. But, do these tips and methods align with biblical principles? Will the trendy, popular advice be the best for stewarding your child’s heart?
In God, Help Me, Diana Bigham shares her years of child-rearing wisdom and calls out potentially damaging parenting methods and trends. As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Diana has worked with many families who desire to raise their children up in a Christ-centered way, instilling confidence and character that will serve them well their whole lives.
Through Diana’s stories, examples and simple principles, you will:
- Learn the importance of self-care for parents.
- Find out the subliminal message your child gets when you send them to the time-out chair.
- Learn how to guide your child through disagreements with friends.
- See how your child learns from both modeling and explaining.
- Discover why negotiations with your child can backfire.
- Examine the potential roots of some mood disorders.
- See how behavior control alone may cause a performance-based relationship.
If you’ve ever been a frustrated parent, unsure of what to do and confused by conflicting parenting advice, God, Help Me will be a great source of peace and strategy to help you in everyday parenting.